For this second recipe, I’m again using the Speculoos spread but this can be easily replaced with a teaspoon of cinnamon, or crushed Ginger Nuts for instance. Although quick to make, these ‘crèmes de lait’ need to set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
To make 4 milk puddings, you need:
Speculoos milk pudding with cherries
- 4 tbsp of Speculoos spread (or 30 g of crushed spiced biscuits, or 1 tsp of cinnamon)
- 80 cl of milk
- 40 g of corn flour
- 100 g of frozen cherries (or any other red berries)
- In a saucepan, mix together the milk, the cornflour and the Speculoos. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and leave to simmer until the mix thickens.
- Defrost the cherries and place them at the bottom of four ramekins.
- Pour the Speculoos milk pudding onto the cherries and leave the ramekins to set in the fridge for two hours.
- When ready to serve, de-mould the individual puddings onto plates. Et voilà!