As promised last week, here is the recipe for my raspberry meringues and it’s a really quick and easy one (at least to make). But they do need to bake for an hour. After that, you can keep them for several days in an air-tight container.
To make 40 little meringues, you need:
- 4 egg whites
- A pinch of salt
- 170 g caster sugar
- 5 g freeze-dried raspberries (plus a little for decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 100°C.
- Whisk together the egg whites with a little pinch of salt until they become frothy.
- Slowly add the sugar and continue whisking until the whites become thick and shiny. Add the raspberries.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Grease and then flour the baking paper.
- With a piping bag, shape your meringues on the baking trays. Sprinkle a little more of the raspberries on them.
- Bake in the oven for an hour. Et voilà!