A clever, easy twist on a classic recipe…here, marshmallows simply replace the sugar. In under 25 minutes, this marshmallow and white chocolate fudge will be ready but… you’ll need to wait another three hours for it to be set. So cruel to have to wait so long but it’s worth it! The recipe is inspired by French cookery book ‘Chamallows. Les 30 recettes cultes‘.
To make this marshmallow and white chocolate fudge, you need:
Marshmallow and white chocolate fudge
- 20 marshmallows
- 120 ml single cream
- 120 g sugar
- 10 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160 g white chocolate
- 80 g peanuts or any other nuts
- A pinch of salt
- Some oil
- In a small pan, add together the cream, marshmallows, sugar and salt. Bring to the boil and stir continuously. Using a sugar thermometer, bring the mixture to 114°C then add the butter and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Chop the white chocolate and add to the mixture together with the nuts.
- Line a square or rectangular tin with oiled baking paper on both sides. Poor your mixture and decorate it, if you wish, with little bits of white chocolate or any other cake decoration (here I used the little crunchy balls that you get with some yogurts, that's all I could find at the time).
- Leave to set for at least three hours and then enjoy!